Dev Blog Kickstarter diary number five : Hey pal, Paypal!

Discussion in 'Dev News & FAQ' started by Germain, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Germain

Germain Guest

Original Blog Post...
    Hello friends!

We are now in the final days of the Kickstarter. The final sprint has begun and we’re now scrambling to get everything done before the end.
    Unfortunately, we miscalculated the final hours of the Kickstarter, so it will end on Sunday at 10hAM EDT. Kind of a bummer that the campaign will be ending while most people are asleep. We cannot change it, so… meh.
    Anywho, we have a few things to announce so let’s get to it:
    Paypal is online

Daaamn, that took so long. We had a crapload of problems to put this online. So for the remainder of the Kickstarter, you now have the option of paying with Paypal. Here are the options available:
    Beta
    $15

• Get your name in the game
    • Get the Beta as soon as it releases
    This is precisely the same reward tier as in the Kickstarter.
    Your will receive the Beta as soon as it comes out. Any subsequent update will be given to you for free including after the final game comes out.

Beta+Prototype
    $25

• Get the Beta as soon as it releases
    • Get the the Prototype as soon as it releases
    Your will receive the Beta and the Prototype as soon as they come out. Any subsequent update will be given to you for free including after the final game comes out.

2x Beta+Prototype
    $45

• Get 2 copies of Beta as soon as it releases
    • Get 2 copies of the Prototype as soon as it releases
    Your will receive the Betas and Prototypes as soon as they come out. Any subsequent update will be given to you for free including after the final game comes out.

We will not be including any physical merchandise in the Paypal widget unfortunately. It’s a bit too complicated for us at the moment. In due time, we will open a web-store with all our stuff, but don’t expect this until the Beta releases.
    If you have any questions, please refer to the FAQ on the homepage.
    Double Pack for Premium, Elite and ATOMIC Backers

We are also announcing that we will be upgrading the rewards of our Premium, Elite and ATOMIC Backers to include 2 copies of the Beta and 2 copies of the Prototype. We feel it’s only fair to include that since they gave us a ridiculous amount.
    However, only one name will be featured in big hollywood-style letters on the island. We will ask you for a second name to be featured, but it will be at the 15$ backer level.
    T-Shirt updates

We finally had some time to update our t-shirts. First off, the ATOMIC limited edition t-shirt we will be giving to our ATOMIC backers. This is only a sketch for now, but the vectorized version will be pretty badass I hope. Secondly, thanks to the comments of a very talented individual, we fixed the composition of our “Don’t dig too deep” T-shirt. Those subtle changes should make a difference.
    [​IMG]
    Real news: X-Ray vision!

The development has been going slow these past weeks, but it hasn’t stopped. We’ve made a neat breakthrough recently with the X-Ray vision. It’s still very unpolished and your can notice some very obvious bugs here and there. But it’s coming along!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In conclusion

I’d like to finish by answering another question we’ve been getting a lot recently:
    How will you get my info and how will you send me the game?​
    If you are a backer (either by Kickstarter or by Paypal), you are signed up to our newsletter with the email account you used to sign up. You will be getting frequent updates, either official news or dev diaries. We will then contact you with a form in the coming weeks to ask you a bunch of questions: What sort of t-shirt would you like, what name would you like us to feature in the credit island, etc.
    We will distribute the game digitally. We do not believe in sending DVDs through the mail. So we will ask you for an account name, a password and some other login info.
    If you have other questions, you can contact us with our contact form, or by Kickstarter. We’re doing our best to answer all our mail personally.

Anyway, that’s all of it. We’ll be posting another update Friday. See you then!
    The Sauropod Team

Continue reading...
    Brotolemaeus and WaffleZ like this.
  2. steveadamo

steveadamo Moderator Bot 1.0 Staff Member Moderator

new update! time to pour over it... thanks Germain! ;)
  3. WaffleZ

WaffleZ Magic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Just to state, the second I saw those buttons I gave you guys my money.
    Now I feel like yelling first and seeing if I made it.
  4. BruceP

BruceP Active Member

Awesome, guys. Thanks for the update. :) Love seeing the X-ray vision progress...
  5. Tyran Scorpi

Tyran Scorpi Active Member

Thanks again for Paypal option :)
  6. ZiggyPox

ZiggyPox New Member

Oooooh goodies. I was growing impatient :D. Damn amazon and its rules...

Will You publish how much You raised by PayPal? It might be interesting and also show Kickstarter how much they are missing ; ).
  7. iamKeisers

iamKeisers Active Member Wiki Editor

That X-ray vision looks fantastic! great job. :) I look forward to the update Friday, it's so soon :D
  8. Brotolemaeus

Brotolemaeus Well-Known Member Wiki Editor

X-ray looks great, and I think that confirms a bit about support beams for mines; unless they are just not added yet. Thanks!
  9. iamKeisers

iamKeisers Active Member Wiki Editor

wow good catch, didn't even notice that
  10. Schizo86

Schizo86 Member

The first pic of x-ray vision, confirms that we can build our castle hid inside a mountain :)
  11. Brotolemaeus

Brotolemaeus Well-Known Member Wiki Editor

Well, that depends if we can place block stones and such; but it is nice to note that we can hide our storage underground (or just put it there to clean up the appearance of the castle itself.)
    Schizo86 likes this.
  12. Schizo86

Schizo86 Member

Specially the explosives haha.
  13. LordSprit

LordSprit New Member

Yeah x-ray vision is important to make long caves xDDD
  14. TheRealRMike

TheRealRMike Active Member

Money has been given :)!
  15. Thierry

Thierry Developer Staff Member Sauropod Studio Administrator

worked on that all last night, we just hope it will work corectly now :)
    kadney and Kalimia like this.
  16. lejsen

lejsen Member

Totally awesome, all you need to do now is show us a gameplay video where you've built a fortress into a mountain, Dungeon Keeper style.
  17. TheRealRMike

So do I, I used it.
  18. WaffleZ

It better work correctly, oh and why are you guys using USD.... CAD is so much better because you don't need to exchange the money afterwards...
  19. TheRealRMike

USD is probably more frequently used by people to buy the game. I payed in Euros, €12.42 was it for me.
  20. WaffleZ

Meh, they'll lose a lot of money for double conversions. CAD > USD > CAD; you've lost a dollar from 25$ already.
    Unless they plan to move to the US, not a really smart move. But anyhow, I seriously hope they've alerted paypal that they'll be getting a heavy influx of money.
    If not, Paypal will be evil and freeze..... Q.Q