1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creatures & Characters Unit Suggestion Polls

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by elijah, Jan 14, 2012.

?

Which units would you like to see in Castle Story?

1. Hot air ballon unit (for scouting)

50.0%
  2. Zepplin Airship (for fighting)

50.0%
  3. Catipult

71.4%
  4. Battering Ram

66.1%
  5. Bricktron Wizard

44.6%
  6. Bricktron LONGbowman

67.9%
  7. Cannons

41.1%
  8. Bricktron suicide bomber

23.2%
  9. Bricktron mounted unit (maybe some kind of horse or wolf?)

64.3%
  10. Bricktron spearman

75.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. elijah

elijah Active Member

Who ever said they were wrapped in explosives like a real terrorist?
    They simply would be carrying a barrel on there back.
  2. Vampirus

Vampirus Active Member

well, either way, it could be offensive. Creepers don't offend anyone cause they look nothing like a person. Showing something remotely human like doing a suicide bombing is only asking to offend someone.
  3. dashdotdash

dashdotdash Member

If people are going to take offence at suicide bombers being in a game, they've either been a victim of suicide bombing or they ARE a suicide bomber.
  4. Vampirus

Vampirus Active Member

That would basically be all of the united states you know...
  5. Xylord

Xylord Active Member

All the Americans are suicide bombers? I can't say that's surprising me, but you're sure learning me something... And there are already suicide bombers in the game anyway. Just tell to your bricktron to transport this gunpowder barrel in the middle of the enemy troops and detonate it, and you got your suicide bomber, even if it isn't an unit properly talking. I don't really see how it would be offending to have such a unit in a RTS game. If Starcraft did it, I don't really see why it would be extremely politically incorrect to do it as well. It isn't like we NEED to have it have a brown beard and a corn in one hand.
  6. dashdotdash

dashdotdash Member

So you're saying that 100% of American people have been a VICTIM of Suicide Bombing? There's a reason why I said Victim and not "affected by".
  7. gkardos

gkardos Member

I have to say, I like the idea of a suicide bomber type enemy would offend, because it is a sore subject. And having it as a friendly unit doesn't sound to good, because you're killing your own guy. If there's an enemy, it could be simple enough to title them something else, and have them look nothing like a suicide bomber.
  8. Xylord

Xylord Active Member

Pikmin, anyone? The number of times one was sacrificed for the good of the most...
  9. gkardos

gkardos Member

I can't say I've played pikmin, but I think bricktrons might be slightly more valuable, as they can't be grown, and we don't know how common they'll be on the islands.
  10. DMII

DMII Active Member

Well, the suicide unit could also be a machine. With both magic and explosives being in the world of CS there could be some magically powered machinery.
  11. trotski24

trotski24 Member

The picture that's in the media section.
  12. Xylord

Xylord Active Member

I don't know if you are aware of this, but this is a fan-made picture. There is no way there could be anything that looks like that in the game.
  13. elijah

elijah Active Member

Yeah that was fan made.
    And that was not the intended perception of this character.
    That is just what the artist thought when he saw the name.
  14. trotski24

trotski24 Member

I understood that this was fan made but it put the perception into my mind that this would be as everyone else would perceive but either way I do not, personally, want any suicide bombers in any form in this game just put it aside in a metaphorical box marked abandoned ideas please.
  15. Xylord

Xylord Active Member

Well, I agree that if this game is to be interesting for younger kids, it may not be "politically correct" :p
  16. Vampirus

Vampirus Active Member

could always use something that doesn't look like a person? pretty sure someone mentioned a mechanical suicide unit
  17. dashdotdash

dashdotdash Member

I honestly don't believe they will add a suicide unit purely because Bricktrons can carry things to where they need to be, where they can then be used.
  18. trotski24

trotski24 Member

I would think that the AI would have some sort of self preservation and run before the fuse ran out.

Also bricktrons are on small floating islands with limited resources your not going to make something just so it can blow itself up throw grenades, set bombs whatever but just not suicide bombings, the only reason fanatics blow themselves up is as a form of martyrdom as we do not want to become martyrs we have sensible people who plant bombs and then retreat to a safe system to set them of.
  19. Xylord

Xylord Active Member

WHY SO SERIOUS?
    Seriously, I think you're thinking far too deeply about this :p
  20. trotski24

trotski24 Member

Me thinks I no want boom boom idiots in dis game.